OK .. so we have all heard the husband complain that his wife doesn't cook anything tasty anymore because she is on a "diet". Well, what you are learning from this site is certainly NOT a diet, it is a healthy LIFESTYLE. Now, what is a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE? After reading this article, you will be one step closer to realizing that a healthy lifestyle actually is a good thing that can be fun and full of flavor, and you can enjoy the foods you love – but in MODERATION.
As far as most new year resolutions go, many people tend to take the "all of nothing attitude". This may work for a week or two, or maybe even a month, but when those chocolate or chip cravings start setting in, most people will binge, and get lost in the enjoyment of eating these foods.
Well I am here to tell you, that eating these foods is actually OK. I promise. It is a matter of having a healthy relationship with food. Maintaining and 85:15 ratio. This means making very clean and healthy choices 85% of the time, and allowing yourself the room to breathe within your healthy lifestyle by eating things that don't fall into the "clean" category.
Now, many of you will think to yourself – I am allowed to have a piece of chocolate truffle cheesecake every day because that is only 15% .. well be honest with yourself, and be honest to your body- you and I both know that these types of treats should be reserved for special occasions. Now, if you do feel the need to eat chocolate everyday, then make it a small piece of dark chocolate- not the entire bar.
From this article you want to understand the importance of moderation. A moderate amount of treats is absolutely acceptable, and you must realize that this is a part of a healthy lifestyle. Personally, I choose to have a little piece of dark chocolate every day, and this helps keep me from wanting to indulge in a monstrous piece of chocolate cake.
Regardless of your goals, whether it be to lose weight, put on muscle, or just feel better about yourself, realize that 80% of all of your success relies on your diet. The other 20% is reserved for physical activity. You must learn to have a moderate, happy and healthy relationship with food. This is the key to a healthy lifestyle.